PRIMO MAXX Turf Growth Regulator will promote greener, denser, more resilient turf with less growth, fewer clippings and therefore less expensive maintenance. PRIMO MAXX II is the trusted growth regulator that pre-conditions turf for stress and optimises surface quality and colour.
- Works by slowing the production of gibberellic acid, a plant hormone that promotes cell elongation.
- Vertical shoot growth is slowed, while lateral and below-ground growth of rhizomes, stolons, tillers and roots are stimulated.
- Enhanced playing surfaces with improved turf quality and colour
- A valuable tool for pre-conditioning greens for hot, stressful summers – treated turf grows a stronger, deeper and more robust root system which leads to better heat stress tolerance, less wear and tear, and improved disease and pest tolerance
- Regular applications deliver increased quality and durability
The recommended use rates are designed to give approximately a 20 to 50% reduction in clippings over a 2 to 6 week period. Full growth regulation by PRIMO MAXX II begins about 3 to 5 days after application.
In practice the amount of growth regulation achieved will vary between situations due to environmental conditions and management practices. To some extent, therefore, application rates will need to be adjusted to match growing conditions, management practices and the amount of growth regulation required by the turf manager.
Repeat applications can be made as soon as turf resumes growth or more suppression is required. Areas treated with PRIMO MAXX should continue to receive regular maintenance practices, including irrigation, fertilisation, and weed, disease and insect control when necessary, as recommended for quality turf.